Creating and editing static analysis configurations
In IBM® Rational® products,
you can create an analysis configuration that specifies the domain, rule categories,
and rules with which to analyze your resources.
To create an analysis configuration, you
must be working in a perspective that supports analysis capabilities.
When you create an analysis configuration, you determine the type
of analysis that you want to perform, its scope, and the particular rules
to apply to the resources.
You can analyze the resources in an entire workspace,
in a resource working set that you define, or in a project. By analyzing a
resource working set, you minimize the code base to be analyzed and decrease
the time the analysis takes. Your working set might consist of only the most
relevant code or it might be a smaller subset of the code in your workspace.
create an analysis configuration:
- Click .
- In the Analysis window, in the Configurations pane,
click Analysis and click New.
- In the Name field, type a name for the configuration.
- To set the scope of your analysis, click the Scope tab
and complete one of the following steps:
- To analyze the resources in an entire workspace, click Analyze
entire workspace. The rules that you select on the Rules page
are applied to all the resources in your workspace.
- To analyze the resources in a resource working set that you have defined
previously, click Analyze a resource working set. The
rules that you select on the Rules page are applied to
a specific set of projects, folders, or files in your workspace.
- To analyze projects in your workspace, click Analyze selected
projects. The rules that you select on the Rules page
are applied to the resources in the project you select.
- To specify the rule categories, rules, or rule sets to apply during
the analysis, click the Rules tab and complete one
of the following steps:
- In the Analysis domains and rules field, expand
the tree and select providers, rule categories, and rules. To select all the
rules defined by the provider or rule category, select a top-level provider
or rule category.
- To import a file that describes a custom rule set, click Import.
- In the Rule sets field, type the name of a
custom rule set, or click a defined rule set; then click Set to
configure the providers, rule categories, and rules to perform a specific
- Optional: To show any configuration or additional information
that might exist for a rule, and to change the severity rating and other rule
parameters, click the rule; then click Details.
The Configurations pane shows the new analysis